WOW! is all I can say about this wonderful recipe from Foodlets.com. Please visit Charity’s website, it is more than amazing.
I decided to finally try this recipe since I haven’t baked any goodies in a while and was on my way the next morning to babysit a beautiful 2-year-old who loves to eat.
Here is the recipe with the changes I made:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 Tlb xantham gum
- 1/2 cup pecans (pulsed in the food processor until very fine)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (organic) (original recipe uses 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey (local is best)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) cooled and cut into cubes (organic)
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 3/4 – 1 cup strawberry fruit spread (with little or no sugar added, I used my homemade low sugar raspberry jam and guava butter)
Instructions can be found here.
I have made these with my homemade raspberry jam and guava butter and everyone really likes them.