After I purchased the pattern for this baby blanket I knew right away I was going to crochet it in a zebra pattern. I crocheted 2 rows of variegated yarn, one of white, one of black and one of white, then repeated this combination.
After making the blanket I then decided to make it a set with a stuffed animal and hat. I have not purchased the hat pattern yet and since it is in the 90’s here in Florida I am in no rush, lol. I will be selling this as a complete set on Etsy in the fall. I think I will try and combine a baby blue for a boy set and a rose for a girls set.
The blanket pattern was extremely easy and after 2 rows I no longer needed the pattern. I did finish off the colors and then join a new color when needed, however, the pattern joins the new color while crocheting. I have never liked this method but I am sure there are many who do.
I crocheted the first zebra with an H hook which is called for but, felt like it was way to big for what I wanted. It could be that I also stuffed it too full. So the second one I crocheted I used a G hook. I like the size much better for a baby. I also went down 2 sizes for each of the zebra’s when making the tail. Since I am making these for little ones I passed on the plastic eyes and buttons for the legs.
The baby blanket pattern was purchased from churchmouseyarns.com on Ravelry.com. The zebra was purchased from madisonscraftnook.etsy.com.