Since going gluten-free I have been wanting to cook some good home-made chicken noodle soup but just never got around to it. I looked at several recipes recently and this is what I came up with.
- 3 organic chicken breasts (baked)
- 4-5 organic carrots, cut into small pieces
- 3 stalks of organic celery, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 large organic onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 clove of garlic (I didn’t have organic)
- 1 T of coconut oil
- 8-9 cups of homemade chicken broth
- 1/3 pkg of Tinkyada gluten-free spaghetti noodles
I baked my chicken breasts and cut the meat into small pieces. I then heated a large stock pot on medium heat and added the coconut oil, carrots, celery and onion. I cooked this until the onion was translucent. Then I added the chicken broth and garlic and cooked on a low simmer until the carrots were tender, about 10-15 minutes . I broke the noodles into small pieces and put them along with the chicken in the pot and simmered for another 8-10 minutes.
This soup is delicious and my husband even had a second bowl, which is a good sign. This soup could be placed into containers or bags and frozen for a quick meal. You can also add several more cloves of garlic if you feel you are coming down with a cold or flu.