Today I feel much better than I felt yesterday. I have had a bit of what I would call Fibromyalgia pain that I know it is from inflamation but it is not severe. My weight did not change but from what I understand people do not generally lose weight on the whole food detox.
I have decided that I probably will not do the 5 days of smoothies after having one yesterday. I am much more of a juice person so after this 5 days I will go right to juicing only.
I also realized that the reason I was not hungry for lunch yesterday was because I ate too much for breakfast. So today I cut the soaked oats to 1/4 of the recipe and felt much better.
I said on day 1 I was not going to stress over the little things and here is an example. I got everything ready for juicing this morning and forgot to juice my lemon first for the lemon water and just juiced everything. That being said I didn’t have my lemon water this morning.
I have been also doing a detox bath each night which is suggested in the detox. I use a cup of epsom salt and try to soak for 30 minutes. You can also add baking soda and/or some powdered ginger which I have done. It will make you sweat.
- Breakfast: 1/4 recipe of soaked grains with a handfull of soaked walnuts and1/2 tsp of honey
- 1 glass of juice – 3 carrots, 1 lemon, 1/4 of small beet, handfull of lettuce, 1 apple, 1/3 slice pineapple, small piece of ginger
- Lunch: Kids plate, carrots and broccoli at Cracker Barrel with water
- Snack: Juiced 1 orange, 1/2 lemon and grapefruit, I don’t like grapefruit but tried it. Still don’t like it but I could change it to 1/4 grapefruit. It did fill me up.
- Tsp almond butter
- Blue Corn Chips and hummus
- Dinner: baked cauliflower, onions and small peppers (red, yellow and orange). The onion was from my garden and it was sweet as were the peppers. Maybe my taste buds are changing?
- Juice – 1/2 pear, 1 apple, 1/4 piece of pineapple and 1/4 mango, boy was it good.
- Couple of raw cashews and they were good! I purchased these from my local health food store. I did not soak these.