Well here goes…..my cleanse/detox journey. I am following the detox from Fitlife.tv. This is called the 5 day detox and I paid $7 for videos and PDF’s. You can do the whole foods detox (5 days), the smoothie detox (5 day) or the juice detox (5 day). I have decided to do all three starting with the whole food detox first. I will not be stressing about every tiny detail. For example I will be having lunch with a friend on Wednesday and will just eat cooked veggies which is probably not the best but I am not stopping life to accomplish this detox.
One of the biggest reasons I have decided to follow this detox is to get myself off of added sugar and to hopefully kick-start my body so I can lose the 20 lbs that I need to lose.
My journey actually began about 2 years ago when I began getting rid of chemicals in things I use, laundry soap, shampoo, toothpaste, make-up, etc and started making my own (I quit using make-up). Then a year ago I began juicing and getting rid of refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup and other bad ingredients in my food including gluten. I also began to buy as much organic as possible.
To start the journey I weighed myself, ugh, and then measured my waist, UGH! I am 4’11” weigh 129.4lbs and my waist measurement is 34 1/2″. When I first started going gluten free I was down to 119lbs but slowly gained it all back. At my heaviest weight I was 132. I know this extra weight is not good on my body and I want it gone.
I can’t wait to see what God will accomplish through this journey.
- Started the day with 1 cup room temp water with 3/4 lemon
- Breakfast 1/4 of the recipe of soaked oats*
- Juiced, 1/4 small beet, 2 carrots 1 apple, handfull of spinach, 2 stalks of celery
- 10 minutes of Pilates (Pilates Weight Loss for beginners) If you purchase through this link Nana’s Children’s Home gets a % of the sale.
- Had a small tea at Panera, Ginger Peach. I believe it is caffeinated which I am not supposed to have but met a friend. Next time will get bottled water!
- Lunch spinach salad with canned organic peas and onion and dressing (Bolthouse Honey mustard yoguart dressing, forgot to get Braggs)
- Juiced 3 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 apple, 1/3 large cucumber
- Snack homemade hummus and blue corn chips, glass of lemon water
- 2 soaked almonds
- Dinner, Basmati rice with steamed cauliflower, canned organic peas, and steamed carrots.
- Juiced 4 large carrots, 1/2 large cucumber and 1 apple
- Snack 1/2 apple with almond butter
* I accidentally purchased sweetened cocoa nibs and about got sick at how sweet it was!! I made my own coconut milk and added 1/2 cup of milk to 1/2 cup of oatmeal and add 1/2 cup cocoa nibs. Soak over night. I DO NOT like oatmeal but these soaked oats were awsome. I also now have unsweetened cocoa nibs.