I had a couple of ripe eggplants in my garden and a friend told me about making Ratatouille. I heard of the Disney movie but knew nothing about the actual dish. I found several recipes on the web but really liked this one because it was baked. I decided to try it and thought it would be a great dish to add some of my moringa leaves to. My husband and I can’t eat green peppers so I decided to give yellow ones a try and am glad I did. Neither my husband or I had issues with the yellow peppers, yeah!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup moringa leaves
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (I used baby portabella)
greenyellow bell pepper, sliced 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until lightly browned. Mix in parsley and eggplant. Saute until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and moringa leaves. Spread zucchini in an even layer over top. Lightly salt and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Continue layering in this fashion, with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes, covering each layer with a sprinkling of salt and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.