The first time I tried this recipe from Yadira’s Crafy Adventures I used almond flour to replace the all purpose flour. It rose in the oven and then dropped like a brick when it cooled. Not good.
This time I used Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour and added xanthan gum. For quick breads you add 3/4 tsp of xanthan gum for every cup of flour. I also used coconut milk instead of the cow’s milk. Here is my altered recipe for the bread (the cream cheese ingredients and full directions can be found on the link above).
- 1/2 cup butter – melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour – Gluten Free
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Oats – Gluten Free
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
This recipe is yummy, yummy, yummy!! And I love that it also has oats.
Note: Some people who have celiac disease can not tolerate oats.