I spent 2 hours chopping, measuring and a bit of cooking. The clean up consisted of 1 pan, 1 cutting board, 1 knife, 1 chopper and some measuring spoons. What I put in the freezer was 13 meals. Really! Why would you not want to try this.
I have put together freezer meals several times before but my husband wanted me to try some new things.
Here is the new line-up:
- Honey Sesame Chicken from Baked in The South
- Black Bean Taco Soup from Six Sisters Stuff
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo from Six Sisters Stuff
- Cilantro Lime Chicken from Six Sisters Stuff
- Orange Chicken from Examiner.com
- Honey Sesame Chicken – can’t find the link
- Lazy Day Stew from Ring Around the Rosies
- BBQ Chicken – I just put spices and BBQ sauce with the chicken
Here is the recipe for the Honey Sesame Chicken:
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T honey
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 3 T soy sauce – GLUTEN FREE
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 pkg frozen brocolli
Place all ingredients in freezer bag, toss to coat and freeze. When ready place in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over hot cooked rice.
If I find the website for this I will post. Six Sisters Stuff also has a recipe for this but it uses ketchup.
For the Lazy Day Stew and the Black Bean Taco Soup I used chicken. I went a little crazy with the chicken as I found it for $1.89 per lb and bought 8 double breasts.