Oh my! This pie is SO good. Of course that is just my opinion. The recipe is by Chocolate-Covered Katie “The Healthy Dessert Blog”.
First comes the crust. So easy and no kidding it is the “Ridiculously-Easy Chocolate Pie Crust“.
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (or almonds, walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/16 tsp salt
- scant 1/4 cup pitted dates (4 small dates)
Katie has nutritional information and substitutes on her blog. I used almonds in mine, mixed it with my Ninja and it worked great.
Then comes the filling.
- 1 cup peanut butter (230g) (Or another nut butter, or Sunbutter)
- 3 medium bananas (300g)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted (Can sub with 1/4 cup extra pb; the texture will just change) (50g)
- stevia extract to taste, or 3-4 tbsp powdered sugar, or liquid sweetener (such as pure maple syrup)
Again Katie has nutritional information and substitutes on her blog. I used natural peanut butter and Agava for the sweetner.
This sure does my sweet tooth good, its not full of bad fats, and has some healthy ingredients.