Since going gluten free I have had to stay away from store bought granola bars. I knew there had to be a great tasting granola bar recipe out there and I found one today on Skinnytaste.com.
These bars have some of my favorite things. Chocolate, pecans, honey, and vanilla. To make them gluten free I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats. (NOTE: Some with celiac disease may still have problems with gluten free oats). They also call for raisins or cranberries but I decided to leave them out this time.
I was on the phone when the timer went off and when I checked on them there was already a piece missing. My son had taste tested them so of course I had to follow his lead. YUM! I altered a couple of the ingredients and my updated is listed below.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour (I ground my oats in my Ninja)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unpacked organic palm sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Please give these a try, they are GREAT!